Welcome to the place where I get to share all the fun ART related things I am doing. However, if you're here for business please go to kathysteelymurals.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Santa Train

The month of October was packed full of work for Christmas! My friend Desi and I worked on restoring this 1970's "blow mold" of Santa and toy train.
Time and age had damaged some of the plastic, which we filled. And Santa's red suit was badly faded. Some of the colors just needed to come out of the 70's and into the new millenia.


We had many challenges but still enjoyed working on it very much. (Did you know that air guns can explode paint all over your workspace?) hehe. I really had fun repainting the toys in the train tinder box.
The restored Santa has great color and everyone really loved it.
Tell me what you think!

1 comment:

  1. oh look, a comment! sorry it took so long. i have to confess i don't follow this blog very often.

    anyway...cute train. your restorative powers are amazing (and apparently fun).

    steve

    ReplyDelete