Welcome to the place where I get to share all the fun ART related things I am doing. However, if you're here for business please go to kathysteelymurals.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Kinetic Sculpture #1

So I had the coolest Prof ever
who lets our interests guide how we accomplish each project.
I found out that the 'tree idea' I've had for a while would be called a Kinetic Sculpture. That means is reacts to its environment- in this case the wind or air flow in the room. 

Through trial and error, but mostly error, I arrived at this--->
It is made of recycled/ re purposed soda pop cans as the leaves, hangers, wire, fishing line, and obviously a big ugly frame redesigned. This art piece activates the wall and floor space but also changes as it is viewed b/c of the air flow in the room. (It would look better if the floor were white or a nice wood but the classrooms aren't that swanky.) The tree and recycle themes of the work are still pretty prevalent despite the airy, minimalist look.

The encouraging part is that I have learned about making Kinetic Sculpture, gotten some feedback about my idea, and am now one step closer to actually making the 'tree idea'.

No comments:

Post a Comment