Welcome to the place where I get to share all the fun ART related things I am doing. However, if you're here for business please go to kathysteelymurals.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mother's Day 2015 - Beautiful Failure

This is it... Mother's Day 2015. And it's not finished. 
The kinetic sculpture I've been working on since December, and I'm not done. 
Do I feel like a loser? Yes. Did I bite off more than I could chew? Yes & that happens to be a defining characteristic of my creative personality. 

So here are the pictures and intentions of my hard work. 

 The little girl - symbolizes me.

As the center piece of this kinetic sculpture, she swims around in the wonderment of stories told by her mother.

 Harry and the Terrible Whats-It by Dick Gackenback
 This Whats-It is found sitting on the washing machine just as Harry starts to develop courage.




The Magic Fish by Freya Littledale

My Mom made stories come alive. The want, the dislike for what happened, and how to be happy, all came across with her telling of this story.

Peter and the Wolf  by Sergei Prokofiev
Because every good story for children had a wolf in it. My sculpture was about to have this prowling creature circling its edges. Thanks Mom for exposing us to a half hour of great music!


What Spot by Crosby Bonsall
My Mom did voices, the best voices. This slow moving book took on a life of its own when she taught preschoolers to "read" pictures. 

A wagon was to be in the sculpture as well but it is still under construction. 



So that's it. No promised video of the great kinetic sculpture I was making for Mother's Day 2015. I am truly sorry! I'm sorry to disappoint you reader. I'm sorry to have made a goal and missed it. I will update you on it's progress. 
*Also note that the Father's Day 2015 will not be on time either! 

No comments:

Post a Comment