Welcome to the place where I get to share all the fun ART related things I am doing. However, if you're here for business please go to kathysteelymurals.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 21, 2016

T.C.Steele 2016

Today ended up fabulous.

But this morning it rained the entire time that everyone was painting at the Festival of Flowers T.C. Steele paint out. Again i used a denim canvas. Bigger this time. 16x12. All my preconceived ideas were shattered by the awesome construction and rehabilitation they are doing on the property.  The end result turned out better this way. I have a great painting of the wisteria vines covering the entrance to the house. 
And i got an honorable mention. Woo, my first award at a paint out! 
Because there is such a long wait in between paintings due and paintings judged I went and did a fast abstract of a dark red peony. I'm happy with it, for what it is. 

What fun thing did you do today? Did it include artwork? I hope so. Art is beautiful and fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment