Welcome to the place where I get to share all the fun ART related things I am doing. However, if you're here for business please go to kathysteelymurals.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Peony & Jesus

up to the minute news: I just declared this painting done!

My husband challenged me to paint another peony. As I started I got the idea of Jesus being superimposed on the flower, and then the idea of including the state of Indiana jumped on the bandwagon from the 2016 state celebration. So here you have it, "Jesus of Indiana".
I'm very happy with the 4 skin tones and the background. The painting is quirky for sure. It took a solid month to do 20x24 so I am very, very happy to call it done.

What have you been up to? Drop me line via email or start an Etsy conversation with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment